|Version 1 (modified by ieslick, 7 years ago) (diff)|
- Btree Library
- Slot value storage (on disk hash or just btree?)
- Transaction Management
- Support for garbage collection?
Btree library: binary fixed-size page approach vs. using and serializing a lisp Btree node object
- Messing with binary pages adds complexity but probably saves effort.
- If we use lisp structures for the BTree node (an alist, for example) then we don't know the size of a node until it is serialized at which time we may have to move it or split it up. Maybe this is fine.
- If we design the abstraction right, we could start with one and move to the other.
- Fine-grained locking model vs. optimistic concurrency (versioned objects ala Rucksack?)
- Does our solution involve deadlocks? How to unwind?
- Centralized server or replication?
- Distributed transactions?