CMUCL uses Lisp-Unit for unit testing.
The test suite should be run before a snapshot is tagged and released.
To run the test suite:
- You must be in the top of the CMUCL source tree.
- If you have not installed CMUCL, you must install it.
- Run bin/make-dist.sh -I <dir> to install it.
- For the full test suite, run <lisp> -noinit -load tests/run-tests.lisp -eval '(cmucl-test-runner:run-all-tests)'
- To run just one of the test suites:
- Run lisp
- (require :lisp-unit)
- Load one of the files in tests
- Run the test using (lisp-unit:run-tests :all <package>).
- The package name is the file name appended with "-TESTS". For example, the trig tests are in trig.lisp and the package name is "TRIG-TESTS".